WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE A POSHMARK SELLER

I've been selling on Poshmark since April of 2019. Needless to say, I am pretty new at it. Although, I have found a little bit of success on Poshmark that I would like to share with you.
So, how did I get started? I had no idea what Poshmark even was. I have three children and live in a pretty rural area. I have a pre-teen, a child in preschool and one kiddo with Type One Diabetes. Because of the frequent visits to the school and different schedules, it was hard for me to find 8 straight hours to work. I tried a year of working nights, which eventually caught up with me physically. I started selling from home to make some extra money and stubbled across Poshmark while downloading selling apps on my phone. I gave it a try, not really expecting much.
I started seeing more activity with Poshmark than any other selling app including eBay. I started getting followers and even a couple likes right away. It became apparent after doing some google searches, that you have to interact on the Poshmark app if you want to have success. This was not your old fashion list and wait kind of platform. I started following people and sharing the items in my closet right away.
I started off with used wedding dresses that I had previously been trying to sell. I listed clothes out of my out closet and gathered all the clothes the kids had grown out of. I also got clothes donated by my mom.
Now let's talk time... The thing about being a seller on any platform, especially Poshmark, is the time commitment. There are things that you should be doing every day.
1. Share your closet at least three times a day! This is easily done. You will get so used to sharing that you will be able to do it while you watch T.V. or wait for dinner to cook.
2. List new products every day! Preferably try to list 5-10, but at least try to get a few new listings up daily.
3. Use a clean solid white background! SEO picks this u better and your items will look more professional.
4. Ship Fast! The faster you ship, the faster you get paid and the better review you will get.
5. Answer questions fast! If you answer questions right away, chances are that you will catch your customer still on the app.
One thing to mention is the Poshmark fees. As a seller, Poshmark takes 20% of your sales over $15. Anything under $15, they take $2.95. That is a lot of your money so make sure to price your items accordingly. It's worth it to give it a shot!
Have you sold on Poshmark yet? What has your experience been like? Comment below and tell me! I love getting tips and advice. 

Comments